Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog # 27

Hello Everyone:

Sewing with Nancy was a blast...I stayed really busy. I would like to send a great big "Thank You" to all who came by and visited at the booth.

I wanted to go through Kansas and Iowa, so we did. Our good friend,  Denise Sinnwell, owner of Quilter's Window in
New Hampton, Iowa called just as we were crossing the border into Wisconsin from Iowa. She told me that I was crossing the Mighty Mississippi. Something about crossing the Mississippi, just makes me feel good. Anyway, she ordered a bunch of patterns-do pay her a visit. I am going to have to talk John into going by-I have heard so many nice things about her store.

Then, we went through Mount Horeb. I guess that it is a suburb of Madison, Wisconsin. Anyway, some people call it "The Troll Capitol of the World". Pretty neat, they have some trolls lining the streets. We went through several years ago and I wanted to take and share a picture with you.
I wanted to take a picture of the booth but I forgot to charge my batteries. Maybe next time....John kept looking over his shoulder. I think that he thought that we were going to be on TV. We weren't that lucky, but it was a great show and we are planning on Sewing With Nancy again. We met so many nice people and Marla Arndt who owns The Cutting Edge in
Antigo, Wisconsin now carries our patterns. Please pay her a visit. I guess that I need to give a mention to all of the fine stores that carry our merchandise. I will try to do that next time.

Nothing exciting on the return trip. We went through Illinois and St. Louis. We like to check out the downtown sometimes and in Beloit, Illinois we saw something that we had never seen before-an M&M vending machine that was located in an old door. It was sticking out into an alleyway/parking lot in the downtown area. My batteries were recharged, so here it is....
I guess that we like the unusual more than anything else, but you never know when you might just get that craving for some chocolate, so if you are ever in downtown Beloit.

Minutes before the show closed, we got a call from my sister.  My brother, Ronnie was in the hospital.  He had been there a lot lately. His health had been declining for years.  He  was in intensive care in Killeen, Texas. We were able to see him just before he passed. He had a very troubled life and I know that he is in a better place.  Whoever wrote the song," If It Wasn't For Bad Luck", must have spent some time with him. Actually, he has a son and daughter who were both taken from him at an early age and his daughter finally found and visited with him just a few weeks ago. I guess that he finally had some good luck. It doesn't get much better than that.  Through all of his troubles, he had a big heart.  He will be truly missed by his family and friends..

 John says that the best way to cope is to continue working and,so  that is what we have been doing. I have a standing joke with my kids " There is always something to do at Lakadaisies".  With that in mind, we are heading out to Longmont, Colorada to do a show this weekend.  Hope to see you there. 

As always, enjoy life.....ds

No comments:

Post a Comment