Sunday, May 12, 2013

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog # 31

Happy Mother' day.  I am sitting here enjoying the quiet.  Two of my children (Josh & Ginny), their girlfriend/boyfriend (Taryn & Wade) and 3 grandpuppies were here for the weekend.  We had lots of hugs, food, and  fun. Quinn (our sweet little, loveable puppy) gave everyone hugs, excluding the other dogs and promptly went to bed.  He did get excited when Ginny and Wade left...He kind of bonded with Wade and thought for a moment, when the leash came out, that he was going to his Ginny's house. When that didn't happen, he was clearly disappointed for a minute...then decided he would just go to bed.
 
Now we are back to quiet.  I need to get some kits made for our next shows.  Our next one is in Chantilly, Virginia-May 31 and June 1 & 2.  Then we catch our breath before heading north to Duluth Minnesota- June 13, 14 & 15, and from there it is on to Chicago-June 19-23. I would love to visit with you at one or more of our booths at any of these shows.

If you didn't get the kit you wanted in Paducah and didn't order at the show....We have them now, but since I only make them for shows...they are on a first come basis.(call 512 556 3019 or email us at lakadaisies@hotmail.com
 
The weather is quite warm here in Texas, the wildflowers are wonderful, and I am hoping for a rainy summer...In all of our travels, it seems to be raining, but we still are dry in Texas....so...I am hoping to bring some back with us when we come home. 
We just sent off our GrandMother's Legacy coverlet to France for an upcoming issue of Quilt Mania's "Simply Vintage", along with another design.  We hope to have them back with us before the show in Chantilly at the end of the Month....The coverlet was a big success in Paducah...Speaking of Paducah....It was a really nice show, Thanks all-
especially Bonnie and Laurie.  We ran into several old friends and made so many new ones. We really enjoyed everything, apart from the rain and the Porta Potties-That were actually outside in the rain (not sure where I expected them to be)....We stayed in a really nice hotel and the dogwood trees were in bloom....so nice....and the wonderful old houses and buildings  along the Ohio River are some of my favorites...John said “Let’s go over into Illinois”. The tall, narrow bridge over the Ohio River.......noper....gonna have to say...I do not recommend that to the faint of heart.....I still get goose bumps thinking of it...

John is working on finalizing our schedule for the rest of the year.  I know that we are going to have a booth at the Quilt Show, right down the road in Temple, Texas in July. He has also mentioned such places as Grand Rapids, Long Beach, Des Moines, and Madison, Wisconsin.  I think that he has also been talking to some people in Atlanta and Florida.  I will let you know as soon as I know.

I have got to run-I think I hear him coming
as always---enjoy life
dolores Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment