Monday, July 28, 2014

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog # 43





Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog # 43

I have several things to share with you this time.  Magazines, Block of the Month, and Farm News.

I will start with the Farm News.  Well, John’s Garden has finally “got it going on” at least the Tomato part.  I don’t know how he does it, but we are starting to bake (100̊ or close) and his tomato plants look like they love it.  They are truly delicious and we finally have enough to give some away.  He always has too many and, to me, it is about time.  Here is a picture I took.
Yes, they are as good as they look.  He says that his squash is taking off and we will be enjoying it real soon.

Oh, and I just finished Block #2 of my Block of the Month Quilt.  I know that I just barely got it done “under the wire”(the first of the month), but I have been so busy with my new Santa Quilt that I did not want to stop.  (I will have pictures of Santa soon-a few hints- he is big and he is “good looking”) I thought that the BOM turned out well and here is a picture of it.
I think that it will work well as a stand alone item, but that will be up to you. Patterns are available directly from me for $12.00 plus tax/shipping.  Call or email me at lakadaisies@hotmail.com.

One more thing.  Two of my designs (Simple Pleasures and my Miniature Dandelion Quilt) are featured in the latest edition of Quilt Mania’s “Simply Vintage” Magazine.  It is truly a high quality magazine and I am proud that they like my work well enough to put it in their magazine.  I would like to take this opportunity to say “thank you” to everyone at Quilt Mania.  Here is a picture of it and they sent me a few extra copies, so if you cannot find one let me know.
Well, Santa and John are both calling me so GTG
---just remember always--- enjoy life--------ds

No comments:

Post a Comment