Saturday, June 6, 2015

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog # 48

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog # 48

Hello and greetings from the Lakadaisies Farm.

Well, we have a new sheriff in town.  John Storm here. No major changes, so lets go.  I hope that you enjoy my version.

First, I was just getting ready to post this when the flooding, and tornadoes started happening in Texas.  I had to stop and make an addition.  Our hearts go out to all who have lost so much-not just flooding and not just here in Texas, but all over the world.  We especially feel for our friends at Wimberly, Texas. The last time we were there, Dolores gave a presentation to the Quilt Guild there.  I felt that we made a whole lot of friends. It was a beautiful small town with such a nice feel.  The
pictures we have been seeing are heartbreaking. Obviously, Mother Nature has her own way.  I know that those that lost somebody are devastated.  But, thank goodness that the loss of life has been small, compared to what it could have been.  Also, hats off to not just the first responders, but all of those who are helping out with search and rescue/cleanup/food prep/delivery/donations, and whatever else needs to be done.  I was watching the news on TV and earlier and I was especially impressed with all of the students who were out there cleaning up and “getting their hands dirty”.  

Dolores is busy working on new designs.  Her stint as a juror lasted about 2½ hours.  I guess that the accused did not like the looks of the jury so he decided to put his life in the judge’s hands. Anyway, she has several new designs and here is a picture of one.

She actually needed a font for Happy Easter so I created this one.  She liked it and now I am a font designer.

Our friend Hannah (Hannah’ Quilts-Chourdrant Louisana) came by on her way home from a Quilt Show and spent a couple of days with us.  We had so much fun...we decided to just take a couple of days off.   I even took two of my favorite girls to a chick flick.  It was pretty good and I enjoyed it.

I have added a show, so here is our updated schedule.  I am proud to announce that we will have the opportunity to join the fine folks at Hershey Pennsylvania for The Quilt Odyssey.  Everyone says that it is a great show and we can hardly wait.  The show dates for it are July 23, 24, 25, & 26.  The show will be at the Hershey Lodge which is on Chocolate Avenue. Dolores got so excited.

And now, the rest of the story. First, we go north for The annual Minnesota Quilters' Show and Conference in Duluth.  Our booth numbers are A17, 18 and the show dates are June 11, 12 & 13th. After that it is the NQA (National Quilt Association) Show in Little Rock Arkansas.  Our booth numbers are 99 & 100, and the show dates are June 18, 19, and 20.  Then we go to Hershey, and from there to Cape Cod for the Bayberry Quilter’s of Cape Cod Quilt Show.  Show dates are July 30, 31,
and Aug.  1.   Next on our tour is The World Quilt Show New England XII.  in Manchester New Hampshire and the dates are Aug.  13, 14, & 15. I am still talkng to another Quilt Show or two but we always will be at Houston.  The International Quilt Festival is always a great show.  Show dates are Oct.  29, 30, 31, and Nov.  1 with a pre-view o Wed. night the 28th.  Always a lot of fun.

We would love to meet, or visit with you at any of these shows.  

I let her use my saying, and I will continue to recommend that we should all try to “enjoy life”

No comments:

Post a Comment