Monday, September 19, 2011

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog 12 or 2 Much Fun

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm     Blog #12

HELLO from “not quite so dry” Texas.  Yes, we had a nice rain out here on the farm-
nearly two inches.  I really hope that everybody else got one also.  For those that didn’t , I
will get John to order one.  He does that kinda thing.

So...anyway we met a lot of nice people at the Quilt Guild of Greater Houston Quilt
Show at Stafford.  We are revving up for the NEXT PARTY  in Longmont, Colorado at
Quilt-a-Fair on the 23rd and 24th of September.  And then, the guild show in Canton
Texas, on the 14th and 15th of October...........maybe Quilt Festival in Houston ........
hmmmmm.

I am having BIG SALES most weekends at my shop outside of Lampasas, Texas.... we
are downsizeing and fixing to put our place on the market....  We still have lots of
antiques and other FuN stuff left, and some of my originals will be “for sale” as well.
So......if that sounds like fun and you want to pick up some bargains....Come on down, or
up..... which ever the case may be......Call first, just in case.....we live right close, so I can
open any time .

I am thinking about changing my name to “2 Much Fun” because that is what I have been
having.  We just got through making these guys out of stuff we have (had).  I call them
the “spare parts people” and they are truly “one of a kinds”.  I made one and named him
“Sam”( I really put a lot of thought into that one).....

John made one and named him
“Rambo Hitler”.  Two of our children got inspired and went wild....and now we get to
look at “Teddy Borden”(imagine Teddy Roosevelt meets Lizzy’s Dad).



And now for the really fun part.  I have been giving classes.  I really should change my
name to “TEACHES HOW TO HAVE FUN---WILL TRAVEL”
We had so much fun in Dallas the other day.  I spent the day with some new friends-they
learned how to do “wool applique”.....we had a blast.  I am planning on giving some
classes at my place and I might even come to yours....call/email me...

With all of that in mind, I will just  add that I believe that  you should enjoy life..........
I am really trying.......its so easy........i can help......sounds like a song......maybe I am a
dadgum songwriter.........still not gonna quit my day job............if  I had one...........
.........hmmm........dolores Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment