Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog #19

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog # 19

My last blog was a little sad and I will try not to go there again. Now, I am going to focus on the positive. The swelling on Maggie’s leg has gone down. She is getting around pretty good-feeling no pain. We finally got the "special" medicine. We have radically changed her diet. Hopefully, her immune system will win. But, if it doesn’t, we got to share her life for a while. She is so full of love for us and we relish every minute of it.

I have been so busy, getting ready for the quilt show at Jefferson, Texas, this weekend (January 27, 28, and 29). We met so many truly nice people there last year. Plus the food was so good!!! I have a lot of new designs that I can’t wait to show off....I think that Brainiac has put most of them on the website.

And, I have been having a lot of fun getting all the kits ready for the workshops I am going to teach at The Rabbit’s Lair in Rogers, Arkansas (March 9, 10). So exciting...

Check out their website www.therabbitslair.com or call 479-636-3385 for more information.

I guess that there is always a tradeout. It seems that John scheduled us to vend at the American Quilters Society (AQS) Quilt Show in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and I will not be able to join my friend Susan Meyers (Silver Star Mercantile in Carrolton, Texas) in her booth at the Dallas Quilt Show this year. To make it up, John has promised her a life-size cardboard cutout of me.....that ought to be interesting. Seriously, Susan has most of my new designs in her shop and will have even more at the show. So, I will have to say "catch you later Dallas".

Well, looks like John has the bus all revved up and ready to go, and as he always says, "you are either on the bus or you are off"....he does have his moments-just not very many.

...got to go ......enjoy life......ds

PS We are planning on doing a lot more traveling this year and I really do enjoy speaking at guilds and teaching workshops/classes. I just might be in or at least close to your part of the world...Stay tuned to my blog or call/email for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment