Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog # 29

Hello Everyone

The International Quilt Festival in Houston was fantastick. I would like to thank everyone that came by our booth. I don’t think I have ever felt "so much love" in my life. All I can say is a big ThankYou to all of you. I got to catch up with several of my "designer friends" and Quilt Mania came by and said they want to feature some more of my designs. But, mainly the most exciting thing was the customers, or maybe I should say, YOU. We visited with so many of you. All of your input just felt so good. Thanks again.

I can’t believe it is the day after Christmas. Thanksgiving and Christmas went by in a blur. I have been so busy working on new designs I almost missed them. We did celebrate them with our children and grandkids and it was such fun-I even managed to not sew or hook on Christmas day.

We received a UPS shipment on Christmas Eve from Quilt Mania -they returned several of my designs, AND they sent the new Nov./Dec. issue of Simply Vintage magazine.  Five of my designs are featured in it. As always, the magazine is great (of course, it is printed in French, but the pictures are worth a thousand words, at least to me). A BIG THANK YOU to them.  Here is a picture of the cover.

I think that you can purchase the magazine from their website. Here is a link http://www.quiltmania.com/simply-vintage-magazine-gb.html

Right now, I am focusing on the 10th Annual Jefferson Quilt -Quilts on the Bayou,in Jefferson, Texas. The show dates are Jan. 25, 26 and 27. My hat goes off to some good women in the Jefferson area. They decided that they wanted to do a quilt show so they did. They are not a guild but they are doing a bang up job. They really know how to take care of the vendors-they feed us so well. Two of them came by the at Houston. John was busy , so they told me to tell him something about turnip greens...smells good already. I am working on a few new designs and will preview them there. Here is a link to their website  www.jeffersonquiltshow.com/

After that we head south to McAllen Texas for the 31st. Annual Quilt Show-Joined by Heart-Strings. The show dates for that one are February 15 & 16.  The Rio Grande Valley Quilt Guild does a great job. We had a lot of fun there last year. Maybe I can get a little sand between my toes. Here is a link to their website  http://www.rgvqg.com/ .

John thought that the news from Washington was so good that we just have to head to the great Northwest. Puyallup-I have a hard time with that one- Washington--February 28 and March 1, 2 & 3. Then we have a week to get to Lancaster, Pennsylvania for the AQS Show-March 13, 14, 15, & 16....more about those shows later. John is working on fleshing out the rest of our schedule. I guess that he will tell me when I need to know.

I would love to meet and visit with you at any or all of these shows. ALL OF YOU mean so much to me.



Got to go...As always...enjoy life......ds

PS Oh, I nearly forgot....he said something about a presentation at a guild meeting in Wimberly, Texas in February and Padacuh Kentucky in April

No comments:

Post a Comment