Saturday, May 25, 2013

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Vol. 32

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Vol.  32

All is well on the farm.  We are getting ready to leave for the 40th ANNIVERSARY QUILT SHOW, "Fabulous at Forty" May 31 -June 2, 2013 at the Dulles Expo and Conference Center in Chantilly, Virginia.  From there we have a few days to “freshen up”.  Then it is off to the Minnesota Quilters, Inc. 35th Annual Quilt Show and Conference, June 13-15, 2013, Duluth, Minnesota. 

Wow, I did not realize that both of those shows had so much history.  John says it is just a “hop, skip, and a little jump down to Chicago.  He is always saying stuff like that. Anyway, we will be vendors at the International Quilt Festival Chicago 2013, June 21-23, 2013 with Preview Night June 20, at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois.

We will be showing a few new redwork designs along with some wool applique.  We loaned one of our coverlets ”Grandmother’s Legacy” to Quilt Mania so they could feature it in an upcoming issue of their new magazine “Simply Vintage”.  It is only printed in French and available directly from them.  They featured five designs in a past issue and we got them to send us a few copies. We couldn’t read them but they had really good pictures.  It is a lot of fun working with them and I hope they get that coverlet back to us in time to take with us to these shows.  I guess time will tell.

I would like to invite you to come by my booth and visit at one of these shows.  John promised me he would be on his best behavior.  I will try to keep him on a short leash.

We hope to do a show in your part of the world soon.  More about them when I know for sure.

Well, I have to go, so as always “Enjoy Life

DS

PS- I just have to mention that our granddaughter is graduating from high school this Spring along with my niece.  Where do the years go-seems like they were babies just yesterday...a big hug and congratulations to both of you.  We couldn’t be more proud.
Also, my daughter is finally writing patterns for some of her folded books-we hope to have them in our booth real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment