Monday, October 13, 2014

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog # 44

Hello everyone from the farm.

Whew, we just got home after three shows in a row.  I would like to give a big “Thank You” to all of you who supported me at all three shows.  I felt a lot of love and I really appreciate it.  All the shows were busy.  We got to visit with so many old friends and made so many new ones.  Again, a big “Thank You” to all who have supported me through the years.

My schedule just gets better and better.  First, I would like to invite you to join us at the International Quilt Festival in Houston.  The show starts Wed.  Night Oct.  29th with a preview night and concludes on Sunday Nov.  2.  For more information, here is a link to the website;  http://www.quilts.com/home/shows/viewer.php?page=FallFestival . Our booth number is 847.  I have several exciting new designs, and lots of vintage and hand-dyed wool.  As many of you may remember, last year, my index finger on my right hand was not functioning properly due to an untimely accident.  I am happy to report that all of fingers as of now, are OK.  Hopefully, John will not have to set up the booth like he did last year.  It was nice to see him work for a change, but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

After Houston, I will be giving workshops in Redwork Embroidery and Wool Applique for the members of the Victoria Texas Quilt Guild.  I think that the dates for that are Nov.  20 and 21st.  I am pretty sure that anyone can sign up, but I am not sure who is in charge.  I am sure that Janie can point you in the right direction.  Here is her email: cimrhanzl@gvec.net 

I am also very excited about the Retreats that my friend Hannah (Hannah’s Quilts) and I are planning to host in 2015.  I will give you a little info and you can contact Hannah or I for more.

Florida just sounds so warm in January.  I can almost feel the the sand beween my toes. We have a great big beach house all to ourselves for a whole week in the Seaside area. We will not be giving classes at this retreat. We will be working on our own projects and Hannah and I will be available to help you with yours.  If you have purchased a kit from me or Hannah and maybe you just need a little nudge-bring it. 

And then, we have a whole weekend in Temple, Texas in February-Valentine’s Day Weekend-John recommends it as the perfect Vday gift-he should know.  He says that “at least it should be warmer than most of the rest of the USA/Canada”.  We would love for you to join us for a lot of good food, fun, and classes. I am giving classes on Redwork Embroidery, Wool Applique, and Rug Hookng. Hannah is going to teach a class showing everyone how to make a Wedge Wheel Quilt using Kaffe fabric.  And, my daughter Ginny is going to give classes on her bookfolding.

I almost forgot to tell you about the Autumn 2014 edition of Quiltmania’s Simply Vintage magazine.  Two of my designs are featured in it. Again, another big “Thank You” to Caroline and the whole staff at Quiltmania. I hope to have a few copies at Houston.


just remember always---enjoy life-------- ds

No comments:

Post a Comment