Saturday, July 9, 2011

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog #5

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog #5

Well, discovering old things is great, but they have the worst habit of getting me off track. Old fabric speaks to me. The fabric I took from an old quilt the other night just would not be quiet, so.....I took a break and did my version of an old sampler. I had to. It spoke to me.... What fun! Quinny is speaking to me now....he wants a cookie.. Okay, he has his cookie now.... So what was I saying ? Oh yeah, my sampler...It is not quite finished, but I will show you a picture....
So, what to do today ? Finish sampler or workshop? I’ll ask Quinn after he finishes his cookie. Yesterday, Quinny wanted a bath. He went to the bathtub when I asked him and stood there looking. So, after telling him to get in...you must act on these sensitive things quickly...I called John and one hour and a small lake on the floor later....A clean Quinny. Maggie of course realized she was next and decided.... No Thank You .... So, pulling her to the edge of the tub, we convinced her to get in. Piece of Cake....Things went well until she decided she had been taking a bath long enough. She proceded to get out...We of course wanted her to stay in...It was kind of like ...Trying to put a wet elephant back in a tub...Maggie won..Bath over... Another lake to clean up. Maggie refused to speak to John for several hours. She forgave him after their walk last night. There is never a dull moment at Lakadaisies. Well, Quinn says I need to get back to work on the workshop space. I just know John put him up to saying that. So...I will sign off for now...

Remember to enjoy life... dolores

No comments:

Post a Comment