Thursday, May 8, 2014

Down on the Lakadaisies Farm Blog # 40

Hello from the coolest spot on earth-the Lakadaisies Farm. A breezy 96 , the sun is shining, and rain is on the way-we hope. We are still in a bad drought.

First, I would like to thank all of you for your continued support. Without it I know I could have never flown to the heights I have acheived. We had a wonderful show at Paducah Kentucky. We saw some wonderful old houses, for sale, that I just loved. Also, the Dogwood trees were in bloom. I have been watching them "dance" in the forest through the car window as we speed along the highway. They look like tiny dancers to me-little small trees dancing, surrounded by the large trees of the forest. I got John to stop the car, a lot.....all day.... so I could take pictures. Here are a couple

 Yes, Paducah Kentucky I might just move there if it just wasn’t quite so far north(cold). We really enjoyed the hospitality. It seems to be the norm now-we meet so many nice new friends and we get to catch up with so many old ones. I love it. 

Our friend Hannah, the owner of Hannah’s Quilts is recovering from her stay in the hospital. She gave us quite a scare but she is recuperating OK now. She assures that-SHE IS BACK-OR RATHER-SHE NEVER LEFT. She and I are planning on doing a "retreat" this upcoming winter in Florida.

Anyway, John has finally finalized our schedule. We have decided to vend at the upcoming Minnesota Quilters' Show and Conference which will be held at St. Cloud this year. The show dates this year are June 12-14, 2014. Here is a link to their website www.mnquilt.org . From there we are going to Chicago again. The fine folks at Quilts Inc. are having a party and they are calling it The International Quilt Festival/Chicago. The show dates for it are June 19-21, 2014 and here is a link www.quilts.com . That pretty much takes care of June. Not sure about July and August, but I am hoping to get the remodels done. Then in September, we will be at shows in Austin, and Springfield Missouri, and Longmont Colorado. I will let you know more when I know more.

Oh, and he has decided to remodel our store. I wanted to move the building to our backyard and use it for "workshops". That sounded like too much work to him so he is planning on opening the shop on some weekends or by appointment. The shop is located on the Lakadaisies Farm so he can walk to work everyday. And l am going to remodel the garage for my "workshops". We are taking a small break after Chicago to get these things done.

Right now, we are working on raised beds in our garden. And landscaping beds in the yard. We are using rocks. They are heavy. They were given to us by John’s cousin, "thank you Tom" . I keep singing "breakng rocks in the hot sun" . Everything is lookng pretty good. Oh, how lucky can you get-it is raining. That is great-we need the rain and I get to goof off.

So, as always, enjoy life ds.

No comments:

Post a Comment